The College of Information and Cyberspace (CIC) is one of National Defense University’s five component colleges. The CIC educates selected military and civilian information leaders to develop and implement cyberspace strategies and to leverage information and technology to advance national and global security. The CIC is committed to helping our students become better leaders and decision-makers through innovative distance and resident education. Areas of teaching include: cyber leadership, cyber security, cyber intelligence, IT program management, CIO competencies, and CFO competencies. The CIC also provides Joint Professional Military Education that focuses on the information and cyberspace aspects of national security.
Interns at CIC support faculty and the college through a range of projects, assigned based on current needs and the intern’s interests and skills. Interns support the college’s mission in unclassified areas that may include research, administrative support, program development and execution, event organization, and publication preparation. Most interns will have the opportunity to assist faculty with ongoing and new research to support publications and teaching.
Interns should expect to work 20 hours per week. Internships are unpaid positions.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the time of application.
- All majors welcome to apply, but experience and/or coursework in the areas of cyber security, computer science, information technology, international affairs, or political science is preferred
- Strong research, analysis, synthesis, writing, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- A cover letter expressing academic focus, area of interest, previous work experience, and desired outcome of internship participation
- A resume, including grade point average, scholastic activities, publications, and prior internship/employment experience
- A brief writing sample with a research focus (3-5 pages). This may be an excerpt from a larger document.
Jacob Sharpe: email@example.com