Academic Policies

How long do I have to complete my program?
All coursework applied toward a certificate must be completed within four years of acceptance. Master of Science Degree students must complete all coursework within five years of acceptance.
Can I transfer coursework from one CIC program to another?
CIC Students can transfer up to 9 credits (3 courses) from one program to another.
Are there any requirements for Continued Enrollment?
Students must maintain satisfactory progress by completing at least one (1) course every 12 months and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA by receiving satisfactory grades (A, A-, B+, B) in all coursework attempted. Failure to take at least one (1) course every 12 months will result in administrative withdrawal from your program(s).
Why did I receive an Academic Probation Letter?
Students are automatically placed on probation upon receiving one (1) course grade of F and/or whenever their cumulative GPA falls below the required 3.0. A student on probation must raise their GPA to a 3.0 at a timeline or credit load as defined in their Academic Probation Letter. Students who receive a second course grade of F an/or who fail to raise their GPA within the prescribed timeline or credit load will be dismissed from the college.
Can I take a Leave of Absence from my program(s)?
Students may apply for a leave of absence due to exceptional circumstances. To apply for a leave the student must submit a letter of request to the Dean of Students. The letter should provide a detailed explanation of the circumstances leading to the request and a justification of the time requested. A student may request a leave of absence for up to one academic year. Their request must be approved by their student's advisor prior to submission to the Dean. An approved leave of absence will stop the student's program completion timeline until they resume courses.