Course Offerings Questions

Will I earn graduate credit for all courses, even certificate ones, completed at the College of Information and Cyberspace (CIC)?
The National Defense University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSHE), which is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Thus, all CIC courses are accredited and taken for graduate credit.
Does the CIC accept transfer credit towards the completion of its programs?
The CIC does not accept credits earned form outside institutions. All coursework applied toward the completion of a certificate or M.S. degree must be earned at the CIC and completed within the completion time limit.
What course formats are offered by the CIC?
The CIC offers all its courses in Distributed Learning (DL) and e-Resident formats. The DL format engages students and faculty virtually in preparation, seminar, synthesis, and assessment over 12 weeks via Blackboard. Whereas the e-Resident format uses a blended model in which students and faculty engage in both online and resident activities that ensure high quality interaction and feedback, student learning and assessment, and academic rigor. Each e-Resident offering runs five weeks and consists of four components: Preparation, five-day in-person Seminar, Synthesis, and Assessment. More information regarding course formats can be found HERE.  
Can credits earned at the CIC be transferred to any programs offered by other institutions?
Since the CIC is a regionally accredited institution other colleges and universities may accept CIC courses for transfer credit purposes. In addition, CIC has developed specific academic partnerships with regionally accredited universities whose degrees align well with our academic vision and educational programming. For more information on CIC’s Academic Partners, please visit our website HERE. To obtain information on how credits will transfer to a specific institution, please reach out to that institution.