The National Defense University (NDU) is recruiting for Professor of Practice within the College of Information and Cyberspace (CIC).
Learn more about this agency
The College of Information and Cyberspace is one of six colleges at NDU. Its mission is to prepare selected military and civilian leaders and advisers to develop and implement cyberspace strategies, and to leverage information and technology to advance national and global security. The diverse curriculum (delivered in face-to-face, online and hybrid formats) focuses on all aspects of national security and cyber power, information technology, strategic leadership and financial management. The aim is to produce graduates who can enhance an organization's capabilities by innovatively leveraging resources, information, analytics, and technologies to provide solutions and policy that are effective, agile, secure and resilient.
NDU develops joint warfighters and other national security leaders through rigorous academics, research and engagement to serve the common defense.
The Professor of Practice (Government Financial Management and Leadership) primary duties are to support the NDU and CIC missions by:
- Preparing curriculum and instructional materials and delivers instruction face-to-face and on-line.
- Participating in the planning and development of courses of study for NDU-CIC educational programs, with emphasis on the CFO Program.
- Making recommendations on course topics and contents, instructional methods, and other aspects of the educational programs.
- Serving as research advisor to individual students on topics related to national security.
- Conducting studies, preparing papers, and briefing relevant areas of government financial management and leadership.
- Leading and participating in collaborative relationships as a member of NDU and the CIC faculty to ensure the accomplishment of University and program missions.
Occasional travel - 15 to 20 percent