March 19, 2015 —
Please be aware that starting on March 23, 2015, the pedestrian gate, also known as the Eisenhower Gate, will be closing. This is in conjunction with the Navy shuttle from L’Enfant Plaza ceasing operation on the same date.
Students using public transportation to L’Enfant Plaza have the following options:
- Walk the 1.5 miles from L’Enfant Plaza to the Ft. McNair ceremonial gate on P St. (CAC card required for entry), or to the Visitor’s Gate at 2nd SW & Q St SW.
- Take the Green Line Metro to Waterfront Station and walk the 0.7 miles to Ft. McNair.
- From L’Enfant Plaza, take the V7 bus departing from D & 7th STs, towards DEANWOOD Station. Disembark at M St. and Delaware Ave. Walk the 0.51 miles to Ft. McNair. The fare is $0.85 with a Smartcard or $1.75 in cash.
- From L’Enfant Plaza, take the 74 bus departing from 7th St & C St., towards NATIONALS PARK. Disembark at Delaware Ave. and Canal St. Walk the 0.32 miles to Ft. McNair. The fare is $0.85 with a Smartcard or $1.75 in cash.
- Taxi Cabs are generally available at L’Enfant Plaza as well.
As always, if you drive your own vehicle, parking is free & available on base adjacent to both Lincoln Hall and Marshall Hall in several base parking lots. If any changes are made to the transportation situation, students will be notified.
For more specifics regarding Metro Transportation, go to http://www.wmata.com/
iCollege Office of Student Services
National Defense University
Ft. McNair, DC 20319